Top Games of the Weekend:
#3 Princeton vs #6 UPenn
- The first Ivy League matchup for both teams this year will feature two of the hottest teams in Division one at the moment. The Quakers are coming off three straight one goal victories over Duke, Penn State, and Villanova at the buzzer last weekend.
- Princeton suffered an early season defeat to Maryland but since then they have rebounded to knock off Georgetown and Rutgers. Both teams were ranked inside the top five during the Tigers victories.
- Key Matchup: Erik Peters & Dylan Gergar: Erik Peters continues to post All American numbers each game as the Tiger’s netminder but will be tasked to stop one of the top attackmen in the Ivy League: Dylan Gergar. Gergar has 16 goals and always finds a way to score in clutch moments.
#1 Maryland vs #2 Virginia
- This game is a 2021 National Championship rematch and has been the featured matchup everyone has been waiting for as the two most explosive offenses finally battle it out to see who is the top dog in Division 1. Both teams have been virtually unstoppable this year going a combined 12-0 and asserting their dominance on every opponent so far.
- Maryland’s offense has been led by veteran Logan Wisnauskas who is inching closer to the all-time points record at Maryland. Virginia has their own Number 1 in Connor Shellenberger who leads the team with 40 points on the year as just a sophomore.
- Key Matchup: Loaded Offenses: Both teams have 6 guys on the offensive side of the field who are elite. This will be a high scoring affair that will display some of the top players in college lacrosse answering goal after goal.
# 11 Yale vs #4 Cornell:
- Another Heavyweight Ivy League matchup that will feature a balanced Cornell team against the Yale Bulldogs who has been up and down to start off the season. Yale is 3-1 on the year picking up a win over Denver in their last game, but an early season loss to Penn State still stands out.
- Cornell has quietly put together a 5-0 start to the season under former player turned coach Connor Buczek. The Big Red is balanced with a dangerous offense that has scorers in the attack and midfield and an experienced defense that has blanketed multiple All Americans already on the young season.
- Key Matchup: Gavin Adler & Matt Brandau: Another weekend, another elite matchup for Gavin Adler. It is about time people start to take notice of the 5’8 matchup nightmare for attackmen. He moves well and has an elite stick that will make this matchup with Brandau interesting and so highly anticipated.
#16 Notre Dame vs #19 Michigan
- Notre Dame has been the surprise of the season sitting at 1-4 with their lone win coming just about a month ago. If they drop this game to Michigan, They will enter ACC play with just one out of conference win; hurting their playoff hopes drastically.
- Michigan’s offense is elite and has a lethal attackman in Josh Zawada from the famous Hill Academy. Zawada is leading all of division one in points with 54 through 8 games this season.
- Key Matchup: Josh Zawada & Arden Cohen: This Matchup will be a physical one that both of these players will welcome with open arms. Cohen and Zawada are leaders for their team and will make sure their team does not lose this game without a fight.
Mortal Week 6 Betting Locks
Princeton ML vs Upenn:
- This game is a toss up and I think Erik Peters will be the deciding factor for the Tigers. Princeton has proven to be dangerous outside of just Alex Slusher and this may be one of their best teams in a long time. I’m riding with Princeton and getting ready for a dogfight of a game.
Maryland vs Virginia Over 27.5 :
- This game will be a battle between the two top teams in the nation. I see this one going back and forth all game with both teams making runs of their own. If shots are falling this total could go over easily. 27.5 is a lot of goals but if there are two offense who can score it’s Maryland and Virginia
Dog of the Weekend: Brown +1.5 over Harvard
- This pick is a slim dog, but a brown team that should be favored in this matchup. Brown has put together a strong 6-1 season so far winning every game they should as well as a hard fight in a losing effort against UNC. This game will be close, but I like being on the side of the Bears and the security of the cover if the game does go into overtime.
Subscribe to the Morning Blitz our daily sports newsletter here.