Week 2 – Charlotte, NC
Chrome vs Redwoods – Friday June 10th 6:00pm ET ESPN+
- The Chrome and Redwoods had two completely different week 1 results. The Chrome picked up a huge win over the Archers in a game they were in control of from the first whistle. The Redwoods lost to the Atlas in a lackluster effort against the top team in the league.
- Key Matchup: Sean Sconone vs Tim Troutner: Both team’s goalies had high expectations entering the year and one exceeded those expectations while the other did not. Troutner had one of his worst halves as pro, which led to Jack Kelly going in. And Sconone used his big frame to eat up the majority of the Archers shots. Look for the better goalie in this one to carry their team to victory
Chaos vs Archers – Friday June 10th 8:45pm ET ESPN+
- The Chaos have to go another week shorthanded as the NLL players are still in their championship run. The Archers will be short handed as well as Grant Ament is Doubtful for this week 2 matchup. Both teams will be looking for their first win of the year.
- Key Matchup : Archer’s O vs Chaos D: The Chaos defense is big and scary and has the reigning MVP in the cage. The Archers are a bit lost without Grant Ament quarterbacking the offense and will look to find their identity without him for one more week.
Atlas vs Cannons – Saturday June 11th 6:00pm ET ESPN2
- The matchup of the weekend will take place on ESPN2 as the Atlas look to pick up where they left off last weekend dropping 17 goals in our first glimpse of Jeff Teat, Eric Law and Chris Gray playing together. The Cannons dropped 16 goals against the Waterdogs with a balanced attack, headed by Lyle Thompson.
- Key Matchup: Jeff Teat vs Lyle Thompson: The top front runners for MVP will meet in this early season matchup. Lyle and Teat both came in with high expectations and they met them week one. I think whoever produces more for their offense will secure the win for their team, and put themselves in the front seat for MVP talks early in the year.
Whipsnakes vs Waterdogs – Saturday June 11th 8:45pm ET ESPN+
- The Whipsnakes came back and shocked the Chaos with a Mike Chanenchuk tally with 4 seconds to play. Without Zed Williams (Still playing in NLL), The Whips did not have the fluid offense we’re used to seeing. The Waterdogs had the most disappointing performance of the weekend going down 12-3 at half and not having enough firepower to comeback from that.
- Key Matchup: Michael Sowers vs Whips D: We have been waiting since last year’s draft for one of those ankle breaking, highlight reel games from Mikey Sowers like he did so often in college. The Waterdogs offense revolves around him, and if they want to win this game, they need him to get hot.
(Best Bets went 1-1 last weekend)
Atlas vs Cannons Over 24.5
- Last weekend was not for over bettors, but this matchup has too much firepower to stay away from. Jeff Teat and Lyle Thompson will be going blow for blow and should have this game around a 16-14 score. Get ready for a high scoring battle between two elite offenses.
Dog of the weekend: Chaos + 140 vs Archers
- This line looks like Vegas did not realize the Chaos were winning last week the whole game until 2 minutes to play. The Archers did not play well last weekend and will not have an easier task this week in the reigning champs. Take the Chaos to win this one outright.
Subscribe to the Morning Blitz our daily sports newsletter here.