Week 7 – Fairfield, CT
If you haven’t listened to our new lacrosse podcast hosted by Scotty Rodgers & Greg Beast called Rise Up!… go check it now here!
Saturday July 23rd:
Redwoods Vs Atlas ESPN2 5:00pm ET:
- The Atlas & Redwoods will both look to kick off the second half of the season with a win in the first game back from the all star break.
- The Atlas are sitting in first place with just one loss this year.
- The Redwoods have only one win this season but are still in a playoff spot as the top seven teams make the postseason.
Whipsnakes vs Chaos ESPN+ 7:30pm ET:
- The Whips will look to rebound from a shocking loss to the Waterdogs a week before the all-star break.
- Chaos picked up their first win of the season but still are in last place with a terrible goal differential of -17
- Both teams remember the other from the PLL championship game last year so look for both teams to be hungry to jump out on the other early.
Sunday July 24th:
Cannons Vs Archers ESPN2 2:00pm ET:
- The Archers have quietly put together a solid season, sitting in fourth place with the reigning MVP Grant Ament getting closer to his return each week.
- The Cannons have added rookie All-Star Asher Nolting to their offense but still rely heavily on Lyle Thompson. Lyle may be one of the best to ever play the game, but the instant doubles and hard slides are taking a toll on his body and it shows.
- If Grant Ament makes his 2022 debut on Sunday, the Archers will be tough to keep pace with as they could score 20+ goals if the offense is clicking.
Chrome Vs Waterdogs ESPN2 4:30pm ET:
- Chrome was the surprise of the first half of the season going 4-1 with a solid young core lead by their attack with Logan Wisnauskas, Brendan Nichtern and Dylan Molloy
- The Waterdogs lost to the Cannons in their first game, and then beat the Whipsnakes in the last game before the All-star break leaving a lot in question marks around their team. At their best they play with the top of the league, but at the worst, can drop games to anyone.
- If the Waterdogs can steal this game from the chrome, they can set themselves up well to be in a good position come playoff time.
Chrome ML vs Waterdogs:
- The Chrome lost their last contest before the all-star break to the Atlas, and it might have been for the best. The loss will bring them back to earth and get them hungry for this matchup against the waterdogs. The dogs built some momentum with Dilon Ward back, but he will face a ton of shots as I see Connor Farrell Dominating this FO matchup.
Whipsnakes/Chaos Over 22.5
- The Saturday night game will see fireworks between a reloaded Chaos team and the always dangerous Whipsnakes. The Whips’ defense is banged up at the moment, while the chaos offense is back its normal self after the NLL postseason. This game should be high scoring and might even have some overtime, so let’s sit back and root for some goals.
Dog of the Weekend: Chaos ML +125
- Like I said above, Chaos are back to full strength, and they need to collect some wins fast as they sit in last place. This is a rematch of the 2021 PLL championship, where the chaos denied the Whipsnakes threepeat en route to their first title. If Chaos can keep the faceoff battle close to 50%, they can pull off the upset at plus money.
Subscribe to the Morning Blitz our daily sports newsletter here.